October 10, 2007

I did something!

Weekend before last I went to Southern Italy. My home base was Sorrento and from there I spent a day on Capri, a day in Positano and a day in Naples. I roomed with a really sweet gal from Texas who was also travelling solo so we teamed up and had a blast. The water around Capri was the bluest I've ever seen in my life. We were able to swim through caves and later I paid the outrageous 9 euro fee to go into the famous Blue Grotto and it was so worth it! Positano was really cute and even though it rained all day we still sat on the beach under our umbrellas and drank a beer! Naples...it was too dirty for me. Heaps of garbage everywhere and the men were uncomfortably aggressive. But, we did enjoy the tastiest pizza in the universe there and even got one to go to eat on the bus ride back to Florence. You can check out pix here.

No comments: