August 28, 2004

Low-balling Bastards

Last year when my honey was selling some computer and music hardware on Craigslist there were a lot of replies from people offering no more than 25% of the value of the items listed. It's really quite insulting. I mean, Goddess Bless someone for putting themselves out there in the hopes of another's generosity, but yuck fou for thinking I'm an idiot.

So Your Majesty has listed her laptop for sale on Craigslist for $700 obo. I'm ready to go MAC. And you know what they say, "Once you go MAC......." Anyhoo, I got an email from a guy named Ricky who writes, "just by chance would you be willing to trade for a 5 gig ipod i need a laptop for school thank you". I do a brief ebay search and find that a 5gb ipod is worth AT MOST $150. I couldn't help myself. My reply-"Nope, no chance of that. They go for $150 MAX on ebay. Throw in about $400 and I'll think about it. Good luck.....Ricky".

No comments: