December 14, 2002

Prick

I called up Wells Fargo to call in payroll for the office, and the woman answers in a slightly southern 'that sweet lady next door voice', "Thank you for calling Wells Fargo this is Janie how can I...OUCH"! "Aww jeeze". "Oh my stars", "What happened"? I ask. "Oh, I just stuck myself in the leg with a needle". What, is this woman giving herself insulin while she takes payroll calls? I asked her if she was alright and she replied that she was fine. She was wrapping Christmas gifts when she leaned on a needle. Thank goodness I'm not on her list, I did NOT ask Santa for a syringe, specifically noted on the bottom of my list "An extra cookie in it for you if you DON'T bring me a syringe". I had to ask "What kind of needle"? "A knitting needle, I'm making quilts" she replies. Whew. What a relief to hear that Janie IS that sweet lady next door and not some smack scoring gutter junkie taking payroll calls to support her habit. All is right with the world.

How I imagine Janie to be

What I discovered Janie ISN'T

Your Majesty is fully aware that she sucks when typing punctuation within quotes. It's the content that counts so BACK OFF!

No comments: