October 24, 2006

I've always been fairly confident that I'm going to go insane. Not crippling, send me to a loony-bin, bona fide crazy; more like a heartbreak induced nervous breakdown causing me to call everyone snoopy and wear my slippers in public but still, Reese as the eccentric old woman on the block is how I see myself in the future. I say eccentric because I will, of course, be wealthy.

For example: Today in the office I heard someone "pssst" at me. I turned around but nobody was there. I heard it again, "pssst". I stood on my tiptoes and peeked over the cubicle wall and again, not a soul. Naturally I assumed the dementia was setting in and continued my work, noting when I heard the "pssst", but not wasting any more energy looking for the source. It wasn't until about an hour before I was leaving the office that I realized it was my left wrist with its bands of bangles grazing my desktop that was causing the sound. Cuckoo!

No comments: