October 17, 2002

Guilty Pleasures

I have to admit. I have a number of embarrassing indulgences that I would never share with anyone, but many peculiar ones that I'm not ashamed of at all. My nostril fetish for one. Another, The Big Titty Baby Show, or more commonly known as Charmed. This has got to be the campiest show in history. Buffy couldn't beat it with a stake. When the show first aired I was furious that they were depicting Wicca as this over-the-top, blowing things up with their minds type of spirituality. But half way through the second season, I realized this was merely a platform to parade taut tummies and BOOBIES! I've gotten so many people hooked on this weekly 60 minute cleavage-fest, it could be considered my own magical power. It is a riot to see how often a perky set of jumblies can get camera time. For instance, you see a woman from behind, sitting at the bar of the Charmed One's nightclub, and as the camera closes in, she gets up to leave the bar and BAM!, breasteses. And the story lines use every angle possible to get the girls into wet-dream-worthy attire including fetish wear and skimpy superhero costumes. I won't deny that Six Feet Under is a clever show, and I could just walk across the street to see it, but I'm going to be planted on my own sofa under the WB's spell every Sunday at 8pm. Viva la ta-tas!

What's your guilty pleasure? Email your Majesty and I'll post replies, anonymously of course.

No comments: